Staff Assistant III
Job ID: BH392398
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Staff Assistant III
A large healthcare provider in the Boston area is looking for a knowledgeable and well-rounded Staff Assistant to join their Breast Imaging Research Center to provide administrative and operational support to the center's Division Chief.
- Administrative Experience
- PeopleSoft Experience
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- PubMed/NCBI and Google Scholar Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare Experience
The Staff Assistant III will provide the Breast Imaging Division Chief with administrative and operational support, enabling the Division to function smoothly on a day-to-day basis. The Staff Assistant III will also provide some administrative support for the Breast Imaging Research Center (BIRC), of which the Division Chief is the Director. As such, the Staff Assistant III will have comprehensive administrative duties and will maintain a close and highly responsive relationship with the staff. The Staff Assistant III will work independently and efficiently, will possess expert knowledge of office management protocols, and will have a solid understanding of the policies and procedures of the Breast Imaging Division.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide direct support to the Division Chief, handling tasks such as calendar management, which includes scheduling, planning, managing, and tracking the Division Chief’s meetings, conference calls, and travel, while also making specific travel arrangements.
• Handle the expense reimbursement process for the Division Chief and for other faculty as needed using the PeopleSoft Reimbursement module.
• Independently maintain, track and update files for the Chief on a regular basis, such as the CV, Biosketches, and other administrative materials.
• Provide general administrative assistance to the Division of Breast Imaging as a whole, as needed and in partnership with a second Staff Assistant.
• Maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures for the division to facilitate smooth functioning of various clerical and administrative workflows.
• Assist with budgetary matters and planning as directed by the Division Chief.
• Handle the procurement / purchasing of supplies, and manage the payment of supplier / vendor invoices for the division using the PeopleSoft E-Buy module,
• Maintain relationships with suppliers & vendors, and handle maintenance and service issues as needed.
• Attend and participate in meetings and conference calls as needed.
• Maintain familiarity with all applicable company guidelines and Radiology Departmental policies.
• Coordinate Level 3 meetings, luncheons, lectures, conferences, etc., including scheduling, preparing agendas, distributing reminders, and setting up video conferences via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
• Responsible for assisting with the faculty recruitment process, including the tracking of completed applications, and compiling and communicating interview schedules.
• Support the Division Chief’s responsibilities regarding faculty appointments and faculty credentialing within Breast Imaging.
• Assist with National Cancer Institute Registration & Credential Repository registrations.
• Manage professional society memberships for the Division Chief and ensure dues are paid on time.
• Assist in the preparation of presentation materials, including the design of PowerPoint slides, the creation of charts and tables, the use of graphics, etc.
• Work closely with the Clinical Operations management team on matters pertaining to clinical responsibilities.
• Organize and coordinate Breast Imaging Division functions and events, including seminars, lectures, research retreats, and workshops.
• Assist with the onboarding process for new faculty, fellows, and other new employees.
• Assist with Visa requirements for clinical or research personnel as needed.
• Act as Division Liaison for administrative matters between Breast Imaging and a variety of hospital entities, such as the Professional Staff office, Credentialing office, Physician Operations office, and the Office for International Professionals & Students.
• Work with the BIRC Administrative Manager on a variety of research administration and research finance responsibilities, such as grant proposal materials, expense reconciliations, progress report preparation, and compliance-related matters.
• Assist the Administrative Manager, Breast Imaging Faculty, and the Clinical Research Coordinators with Human Research Affairs (HRA) / Institutional Review Board (IRB) related matters.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to organize time and priorities effectively, asking for direction when appropriate. Flexibility to handle multiple concurrent tasks and deadline pressures.
• Ability to handle sensitive / confidential matters discreetly and uphold confidentiality standards.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, with particular emphasis on clear, concise, and accurate written communication.
• Ability to think creatively, solve problems, learn new concepts, and make decisions independently.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as proficiency with web portals such as Google Scholar and PubMed / NCBI. Ability and eagerness to learn new computer applications as needs arise.
• Desire to gain knowledge and experience in the research administration domain.
• Ability to interact professionally with individuals in senior leadership in the organization as well as with industry leaders outside of the organization.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.