HR Generalist 2
Job ID: BH392303
Category: HR Generalist, HR Administrator, Human Resources
Specialty: Human Resources
HR Generalist 2/ Administrator
6 Months (with opportunity to extend based on need and performance)
Job Location: Melrose Park, IL
Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday (Possible OT)
Dress: Business casual
Company Size: 40,000 employees
Team Size: 5 people on the team, will be reporting into the HR supervisor (This person will be interacting with people from all over the organization)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 1-2 years of work experience in HR
- Microsoft Office, HRIS system experience
- Workday Experience
- Any HR manufacturing industry experience
Coordinates and maintains various employee programs. Assist with new hire process, recruiting, employee relations and benefits administration. Responsible for maintaining employee personnel files, employee boards, and coordination of employee meetings and events.
- Assist with direct labor and temporary staffing needs
- Maintain relationships with appropriate scientific temporary agencies
- Manage the interview process, coordinating interviews with external candidates and internal hiring panel
- Utilize behavioral interviewing techniques to screen potential candidates
- Reviewing walk-in applications and following up with applicants
Accountable for ensuring paperwork for new hires, promotions, benefit elections, terminations, LOAs, counseling forms, employee change notices and all other personnel changes Assist with employee relations. Interprets policies and procedures to employees. Asist employees with questions and directs them to the appropriate source for information.
Administer the Tuition Reimbursement, Safety Shoe, Eye Wear, Employee Referral and Service Award programs. Coordinate the processing of applications and reimbursements. Coordinate reimbursement of payments through Accounts Payable and Payroll departments
Administer and coordinate FMLA, STD and all other leaves of absences
Responsible for all BR reports – New Hire report, Terminations Report, Employee Roster, Salary report, Birthday report, Anniversary Report, Internal Equities, Salary History and all other reports as needed.
Conduct background checks and verifications of employment
Maintain Organizational Charts, personnel and I-9 files
Perform additional duties and assist with HR projects as needed
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.