Job ID: BH391853
Category: Data Entry, Laboratory Systems
• Sorting, and receiving specimens in the department.
• Performs routine instrument maintenance on some equipment.
• Performs laboratory tasks of centrifuging specimens, printing extra labels, recording data (temperature charts) specimen storage and retrieval.
• Preparing reagents and or media in the department.
• Preparing specimens at workstations for testing. (Including building worklists, aliquoting specimens into sample cups, checking specimens for clots and fibrin, inoculation, slide preparation)
• Performs QA/QC duties as assigned.
• Resolves pending lists.
• Finds missing samples.
• Decontaminates work areas.
• Performs weekly radioactive wipe tests.
• Maintains files for department records.
• Changes gas cylinders.
• Follows all PPE requirements and all safety regulations.
• Uses the laboratory computer system as well as operates PCs.
• Disposes of biohazardous material.
• Completes training and competency checklists as appropriate.
-HS Diploma or equivalent education
-Basic computer skills
The Lab Assistant will perform various routine laboratory functions in a precise and accurate fashion, to assist the laboratory professional staff and to facilitate production. The Lab Assistant will sort, and receive specimens in the department, perform routine instrument maintenance on some equipment and perform laboratory tasks of centrifuging specimens. They will also print extra labels, record data (temperature charts) specimen storage and prepare reagents and or media in the department. In addition, the Lab Assistant will prepare specimens at workstations for testing (including building worklists, aliquoting specimens into sample cups, checking specimens for clots and fibrin, inoculation, slide preparation). This is a contract role and is an exciting opportunity!
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.