Job ID: BH391799
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Client Job Title: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Burlington MA. Must start in the office for training but can switch to a hybrid schedule.
Company Information, Industry, Size: New start up Saas Company
Team Size: About 4-5 but trying to grow rapidly.
Interview Process: Virtual
- 5+ years of experience.
- Saas background
As a Senior Accountant, you will:
- Oversee some of the more jr staff's work on AP and AR. Assist with it when necessary
- Assist with the monthly close, including accruals, cash flow reconciliation, and the preparation of financial statements
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e., GAAP, IFRS), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines
- Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information
- Identify areas for improvement and implement changes to processes
- Assist with and act as the primary point-of-contact for requests by auditors and tax advisors
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field;
- 5+ years of accounting and/or finance experience;
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience with accounting software (preferably NetSuite and Zuora);
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization;
- Drive and initiative.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.