Sr Executive Assistant
Job ID: BH391754
Category: Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant Job Description
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the medical education and portfolio programs department within the division.
They will act independently to resolve administrative team issues and be proactive in offering solutions.
The Executive Assistant to the department will complete tasks quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of accuracy, maintain a broad knowledge of the changing corporate environment, and exercise knowledge in interfacing with key corporate and business unit personnel.
Additionally, the Executive Assistant will assist with budget reports, travel, maintain updated organizational charts, update division events calendar and contact list, assist in sponsorship paperwork submission, manage medical supply inventory and general administration duties.
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
• Provides direct administrative assistance to the Executive Director. Medical Education and Portfolio Programs as well as direct reports.
• General Administration: Maintain complex appointment calendars, schedule and organize meetings, reserve meeting space, publish agendas, organize vendor or customer visits and department activities. Prepare reports and presentations, either independently or from written/verbal instructions.
• Maintain department files, medical supplies and tradeshow product displays in an organized fashion. Order/maintain supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance.
• Travel Assistance: Manage travel arrangements. Coordinate schedules, travel & lodging, seminar registrations, and ground transportation. May assist other team members in coordinating travel as needed.
• Manage all aspects of expense reporting: prepare expense reports, expedite and track processing of all expense reports, and/or check requests. Ensure reconciliation of reimbursement with expense reports and maintain copies of expense reports and receipts.
• Keeps Executive Director on track and on time for daily meetings.
• Regularly check-in with each department member for projects/tasks on which they may need assistance.
• Assists department with questions on company processes and procedures. Seeks out answers and provides resolution.
• Monitor and provides SAP reports on all budgets and assist in reconciling spend Vs. forecast each quarter or when needed. Reconcile invoices with the approved budget. Assist in Budget template creation.
• Assist with all new hire forms and setup as well as departure forms/process.
• Manage the department's computer equipment, share drive and Box access/Manage Box Folders for the department.
• Manages department credit card statement and reconciles each charge and maintains receipts.
• PO creation and tracking.
• Able to communicate with executives and C-Suite level executives in a professional manner.
• Acts as the department's Center of Excellence point person on any new company deployed systems or SOPs.
• Assists the department on special projects when needed.
• Seasoned executive assistance
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, as well as with internal and external stakeholders
• Creative, flexible, well-organized, resourceful and detail oriented.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
• Leverages administrative network in organization
• Proactive and self-starter
• Able to work autonomously with little direction
• Support a busy department, multiple personnel and an AVP
• Manage multiple projects/tasks
• Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
• Strong problem resolution skills
• Requires constant and timely follow-up of tasks
• Receptivity to feedback – welcomes & acts on feedback and displays humility
• Navigates ambiguity – positively & proactively reacts to and manages ambiguous or unclear situations
• Technologically knowledgeable
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• At minimum 3 years of applied professional administrative assistant experience required.
• Demonstrated excellent computer skills with special emphasis on calendaring, presentation, and spreadsheet capabilities (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Familiarity with SAP a plus.
• Excellent composition, grammar, and business language skills required.
• Excellent judgment in handling confidential, legal, or sensitive information.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks with a high level of efficiency and little or no supervision.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.