Job ID: BH391599
Category: Sales Analyst, Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Location: remote
Industry and Size: retail, 200+ employees
Hours : 40 hours/week
Process: Phone screen with HR and video interview with 2 managers
- Bachelor’s Degree
- sales analysis, demand planning or retail merchandising function
- Consumer brands experience (can be anything – retail, food, literally any kind of consumer product)
Nice to Haves:
The Wholesale Planner is a key strategic partner for the Wholesale Sales Team. This role provides forecasting, insight and fact- based recommendations with regard to product, distribution, pricing, buy recommendations and stock management. This position will leverage planning and analytical skills as well as a strong understanding of how retail, wholesale, and digital channels can be optimized across the demand chain.
- Develop, maintain, and re-project in-season item, class and high top level plans including retail sales, margin, and stock by key retailer and gender. Benchmark these projections against recent demand forecasts, the current order pool, and recent at-once/replenishment orders.
- Leverage in-season item-level and top-down merchandise plan/open-to-buy projections to estimate order-cancel, return, or allowance risks as well as re-order opportunities. Recommend actions to improved business performance such as reorders, product swaps, assortment-adds, door rollouts, consolidations, and markdowns.
- Collaborate daily with the Sales Team to optimize inventories, minimize margin risk, and maximize sales for Retail partners and Rockport. Develop and propose tactics in response to current business trends.
- Provide support to the Etail team with specific focus on the Amazon account.
- Document hindsight, insight, opportunities, and risks for input into the pre-season planning cycle each season. Provide the Merchandising Team with product performance and distribution intelligence.
- Analyze prior season forecast accuracy and forecast variability. Create an action plan to improve where needed.
- Produce top-down pre-season plans by category, by key retailers and channel.
- Support the creation of time-phased assortment plans, merchandise plans, and demand forecasts by distribution segment, key retailer, and style-color. Merchandise plans should include sales, markdowns, margin, receipts, and inventory. Top down and bottom-up plans should be reconciled.
- Update assortment plans, merchandise plans, and demand forecasts during the sell-in cycle, adjusting based on order booking patterns.
- In conjunction with the Sales and Sales Strategy Team, develop pricing plans and discount strategies which align to merchandise plans. Coordinate the proposal, approval, execution and review of pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with the Inventory Management and Sales Strategy Teams on stocking strategies which maximize opportunities and minimize risk.
- Report on weekly in-season retail sell-through data and track performance by product, retailer and store level. See that links are made between sell-through performance and sales/ inventory targets and make recommendations to optimize results.
- Proactively monitor both sell-in and sell-through trends, identifying incremental opportunities and gaps, and building plans to improve sales, margin and grow market share.
- Develop, maintain, and re-project in-season of item-level plans including retail sales, margin, and stock by retailer. Benchmark these projections against recent demand forecasts, the current order pool, and recent at-once/replenishment orders. Measure accuracy of projections and revise methodology as needed.
- Leverage in-season item-level and top-down merchandise plan/open-to-buy projections to estimate order- cancel, return, or allowance risks as well as re-order opportunities. Recommend actions to improved business performance such as re-orders, product swaps, assortment-adds, door rollouts, consolidations, and markdowns.
- Provide Sales Leadership with tracking against revenue and margin projections by key retailer gender and Channel. This includes point-in-time backlog comparisons to the prior year.
- Produce analysis of product selling results, both Wholesale and at Retail, by merchandise attribute to better understand trends, adoption patterns, risks and opportunities. Include analysis of the effectiveness and sensitivity of pricing strategies and discount programs.
- Highlight potential over-performing and under-performing items to the Merchandising and Inventory Management Teams so proactive plans can be developed to maximize opportunities and minimize liabilities.
Pricing and Sales Administration
- Lead the execution of sales reporting, and adhoc needs for responsible channel.
- In collaboration with Account Services, support all pricing execution needs.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.