Administrative Assistant II
Job ID: BH391482
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
- GED or HS Diploma
- 2 years of applicable work experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Medical Office work experience
Supporting the Administrative Office, the Administrative Assistant II will provide support through various administrative tasks outlined below.
Actual job duties may vary by department:
– Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in administrative skills.
– Provide routine and more complex administrative support such as: typing memos and letters, answering telephones, and taking and distributing messages.
– Coordinate calendar and schedules including coordinate calendars for several managers or coordinates events for department.
– Proofread and edit manuscripts, perform library or literature searches, and help to create and edit presentation materials. Work with less direction with ability to create more advanced material.
– Helps to prepare and edit grant applications and other related materials with less direction and more applicable knowledge of the process.
– Perform transcription of dictated physician notes.
– Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
-Provide cross coverage as needed.
– Assist with special projects as directed.
– Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
-Other duties, as assigned.
Level of education required:
– Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Work experience required:
– Minimum two years applicable work experience required.
– Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred.
Technical skills required:
– Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
– Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
– Phone skills: Ability to use phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), handle more complex calls and give more detailed information.
– Verbal skills: Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer more complex questions in the most professional manner and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
– Organization Skills: Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly way and to sort and alphabetize. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within systems.
– Writing Skills: Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages. May respond directly on behalf of manager/provider without direction or instruction.
– System Skills: Ability to type and enter data effectively and at a more advanced level. Intermediate level computer skills including the ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation applications.
– Intermediate understanding and use of medical terminology.
– Intermediate comprehension of billing and fiscal information.
– Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.