Call Center Representative
Job ID: BH391454
Category: Call Center
A leading healthcare provider in the Greater Boston area is seeking a full-time financial services representative to support their call center. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to expand on their healthcare knowledge and work with a dynamic company culture.
*Some call center experience.
*Medical billing experience in a professional setting.
*Athena and/or Meditech experience preferred.
- Answer incoming patient phone calls and make outbound collection calls on open balances
- Update patient insurance, confirming eligibility and queue claims for billing
- Update demographic and guarantor information in the Patient Accounting System
- Act in a professional manner and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect at all times
- Troubleshoot and identify patient billing issues to resolve them to patient’s satisfaction
- Ability to explain and discuss the organization’s policies for better patient understanding
- Educate patients about third party and insurance processes, their plan benefits, and how they affect patient balances
- Evaluate accounts from both an insurance and self-pay perspective
- Evaluate accounts for self-pay refunds
- Manage and work queues and worklists in patient billing system
- Advocate for patients and contact insurance companies on their behalf, when necessary, to resolve disputes
- Assist with patients with access to the Patient Portal and password resets
- Set up payment plans, monitor and make outbound calls to patients with broken promise to pay agreements
- Ability to approach patient and discuss open, unpaid or overdue balances
- Receive and process patient credit card payments, and allocate to appropriate visits on the account
- Evaluate accounts for bad debt placement and wok with bad debt vendor on patient issues and concerns
- Post appropriate discounts and adjustments to patient accounts
- Interact with supporting departments; coding, cash-ops, AR follow up to resolve billing and payment issues
- Interact with practices to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient billing issues
- Maintain expected performance metrics
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.