Job ID: BH390895
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
- HS Diploma
- 3+ year’s medical office or administrative support experience
- Associate’s Degree
- EPIC experience
In this role, the Practice Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and customer support to the Endoscopy Center.
Actual job duties may vary by department:
– Perform administrative duties under minimal supervision at the highest proficiency level.
– Act as a lead, assign and prioritize workflow, troubleshoot issues, assist with training and
orientation, and provide backup support for the Supervisor.
– Provide guidance and help to other to resolve complex issues and problems.
– Provide feedback to Supervisor and input into evaluating performance of staff. Assist with annual competency assessments.
– Assist Supervisor with interviewing for new staff.
– Assist with orientation and training for new and current staff.
– Act as a super user for scheduling, registration, and billing systems. Provide training and assistance to others in these areas.
– May perform more complex or specialized functions (i.e. surgical scheduling) at highest competency level.
– Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
– Provide cross coverage as needed.
– Assist with special projects as directed.
– Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
– Other duties, as assigned
Level of education required:
– Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Work experience required:
– Minimum three years medical office or administrative support experience required.
– Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred. Associate’s Degree or higher level education preferred, but not required.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Technical skills required:
– Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
– Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
– Highly proficient in all communication skills (phone, verbal and written). Ability to handle sensitive information and situations with poise and professionalism.
– Organization Skills: Strong organizational, coordination and judgment skills. Ability to prioritize effectively. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, following established protocols, and work within systems.
– System Skills: Advanced computer skills. Ability to use all applicable applications at highest competency level.
– Ability to problem solves and troubleshoots. Ability to analyze a situation and determine best course of action within established guidelines.
– Understanding of the appropriate use and importance of related forms.
– Advanced understanding and use of medical terminology.
– Advanced comprehension of insurance types and referral process.
– Advanced comprehension of registration and fiscal information.
– Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.