Job ID: BH390641
Category: Operations, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Merchandise Assistant
- BS/BA degree
- Proficient in Excel – lookups, formulas, rows, columns, comfort working in spreadsheets daily
- Retail Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Assists and supports 2-4 Buyers and an AVP, Merchandise Manager on a variety of administrative and clerical functions. Communicates with approximately 50+ vendors between all merchants they support. Monitors and edits domestic and import purchase orders and follows up on allocations and late vendor shipments. Interfaces with all levels of management and communicates with multiple internal and external contacts on a routine basis. Coordinates all travel arrangements for assigned merchants and sets up vendor and agent visits in the home office. Creates and maintains spreadsheets to monitor weekly spend for merchants as necessary. Assists and supports Merchandise Assistants and merchants outside of own area to include corporate buying offices as needed.
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Prepares and writes domestic and import purchase orders. Enters and reviews electronic PO's via the Buyer Worksheet application. Revises purchase orders daily and follows the purchase order change process. Ensures all necessary signatures are obtained for a letter of credit PO.
• Partners with Planning & Allocation to expedite PO entry. Follows through with P&A to ensure electronic PO's are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensures accuracy and integrity of ASN/EDI PO information including identifying ASN/EDI orders and contacting vendors for required information when needed.
• Pulls late lists weekly and follows up on all late PO's with vendors. Reviews ship dates and cancels or makes revisions as necessary. Receives authorization from Buyer to approve vendor shipping extensions and renegotiate costs as needed. Follows up with traffic/transportation departments as needed.
• Tracks all PO's generated through the buyer worksheet system to ensure final PO has been received.
• Assists in merchandise shipment follow up and problem solving for over/under shipments and vendor charge-backs/cost discrepancies.
• Communicates daily with vendors via telephone and email regarding purchase orders, allocations, problem solving, etc. Plays an integral role in enhancing and maintaining strong working relationships.
• Fields and screens telephone calls for PO and non-PO related matters to include prospective vendor inquiries, scheduling vendor appointments and allocation inquiries. Initiates calls to vendors to solicit contact and address information to ensure vendor databases are accurate and updated.
General Office Duties, Vendor Samples and Special Projects
• Faxes, files and photocopies PO's and other departmental forms. Develops effective organizational techniques to support merchants and operations such as filing and binder systems.
• Organizes reports for Buyers on a weekly basis to include Buyer Control File and On Order Inquiry.
• Coordinates all travel arrangements weekly for 2-5 merchants and completes Merchandise Manager/Buyer itinerary paperwork including scheduling market appointments.
• Assists and supports MAs and merchants outside of own area to include corporate buying offices as needed.
• Coordinates and sets up vendor and agent visits at the home office.
• Assists in pre-production/production sample process to include tracking receipt of samples, setting up displays for buyer approval and creating and maintaining binders, etc.
• Opens and organizes all sample packages for buyer review. Requests samples from vendors for strategy meetings and ensures samples are received and returned in a timely manner. Organizes and maintains sample room and purges samples as needed.
• Maintains a pre-ticket address database and follows-up with the Planning department and vendors to resolve pre-ticketed merchandise problems.
• Complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements by obtaining Buyer and AVP, MM signatures on all PO's.
• Performs special projects as assigned or directed (i.e. pulling selling, weekly $ spend grids, spreadsheets, etc.)
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.