Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable
Job ID: BH390580
Category: Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
STAFF ACCOUNTANT – ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
The Staff Accountant will have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and will successfully coordinate accounting functions across a range of departments. The successful candidate will have a well-rounded background working in small to medium sized businesses, a “can-do” professional attitude, and desire to exceed expectations and maintain confidentiality. This is an ideal position for an individual who is interested in using and developing skills across a wide range of accounting functions who is detail oriented, has a high level of integrity and dependability, and a strong sense of urgency. The Staff Accountant will play a critical role in assisting the Controller in managing the day-to-day accounting of a fast growing pharmaceutical company that continues to enhance and expand its products. This is a tremendous opportunity for an emerging professional to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Vendor maintenance in QuickBooks and verification of W-9 or new vendors.
- Maintenance of Accounts Payable cycle, including issuance of purchase orders, processing of invoices, following up with vendors and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Process weekly accounts payable check runs and monitor when invoices are due.
- Maintenance of accounting prepaid worksheets and reconciliation to monthly financials.
- Maintenance of accounting accrual worksheets and reconciliation to monthly financials.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset schedule and reconciliation to monthly financials.
- Process, reconcile credit card payments and code to proper accounts, departments and projects.
- Process, reconcile Concur expense reimbursements and code to proper accounts, departments and projects.
- Provide assistance with Monthly and Year End closing tasks including the preparation of work papers and supporting documentation for Audits, Financial Statements and other reports.
- Post journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts as needed.
- Assisting the Controller in various projects as needed.
- Assisting the Controller with the inventory cycle count and reconciliations as needed.
- Assist Third Party Logistics Manager in the processing of Customer Product Returns with third party vendor and its reconciliation, when needed.
- .Act as back-up to Staff Accountant – Accounts Receivable to maintain daily operations when needed.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills necessary for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- 3-4 years accounting experience in a small to mid-size company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle exposure to sensitive information.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in data entry and analysis
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions, ability to organize large data efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required, including Excel and Word.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.