Staff Accountant – ProPharma
Job ID: BH390479
Category: Staff Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Staff accountant Direct Hire
Large life sciences consulting firm recently merged with large life sciences staffing agency.
Ideal candidate will be a strong general ledger accountant with intermediate or better Excel skills. Other nuances of the position can be learned.
Preference is for a Kansas City area candidate with the ability to go into the office some in the Overland Park area. There will be flexibility in the schedule
This Staff Accountant will support the Corporate Accounting team as well as provide assistance as needed to our Service Line controller team across the world.
This Staff Accountant will assist the Corporate Controller / Accounting Manager by providing support in key accounting areas, including, but not limited to:
- Monthly operating expense review.
- Balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepaid expense review and amortization accounting.
- Service line client billing.
- Yearend audit support with our external auditors.
- Sales & Use Tax accounting.
- Credit card expense reconciliations (review and coding of expense).
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting.
- Monthly journal entries.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates an understanding of US GAAP accounting principles.
- Advanced user with the Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills, experience with enterprise accounting systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Intermediate Excel (pivot tables, lookups, sum/if statements)
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.