Job ID: BH389484
Category: Tax Manager, Tax Accountant, Corporate Tax Accountant, Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Location: Marlborough, MA and open to being 100% remote if not comfortable coming into the office
Hours: 40 hours per week
Interview Process: TBD
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- 1-3 years related tax experience
- Corporate income tax department or public accounting tax experience with corporate income tax clients or related internship experience
- Highly Proficient technical skills, particularly Excel
- Thomson Reuters OneSource tax solutions
- Firm knowledge of GAAP/IFRS and tax principles
- Experience with tax research programs (RIA, CCH, BNA)
This position will be part of a team which is responsible for the international, federal, multi-state corporate income tax compliance as well as sales/use/VAT/property and misc. tax calculations and filings.
- Prepare sales and use tax data reports for external filing vendor and serve as primary sales/use tax resource.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and journal entries for tax related general ledger accounts.
- Document and respond to external notices and localities through research and support documentation.
- Prepare state and local property tax lists, returns and payments.
- Compile internal data and calculate state apportionment.
- Maintain tax depreciation and reconcile tax/GAAP fixed assets.
- Assist in preparation of federal and state income tax quarterly estimated payments and extension calculations.
- Assist in preparation of detailed workpapers supporting the federal and state income tax returns and use internal software to prep and file the returns.
- Research tax related issues using tax codes, regulations, cases, rulings, rates, etc.
- Assist in maintaining automated compliance calendar.
- Excellent time management skills to independently prioritize and perform multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines.
- Other misc. tax filings and adhoc projects as needed.
- please indicate if candidate is local to Marlborough MA or would require 100% remote
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.