Job ID: BH389227
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
A healthcare provider in the Greater Boston area is looking for an experienced Practice Assistant to provide administrative support to staff and patient's within the call center at one of their specialty clinics.
- EPIC experience
- HS Diploma
- 1 year of healthcare or administrative experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word & Outlook)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with office systems
The Practice Assistant will provide administrative support to the staff and patient’s within the clinic’s call center.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in
– Act as a super user for scheduling, registration, and billing systems. Provide training and
assistance to others in these areas.
– May perform more complex or specialized functions (i.e. surgical scheduling) at highest
– Utilize knowledge of HMO’s, managed care and other third party insurers, and troubleshoot
insurance issues as appropriate.
– Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
– Provide cross coverage as needed.
– Assist with special projects as directed.
– Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
– Other duties, as assigned.
Level of education required:
– Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Work experience required:
– Minimum one year applicable work experience required.
– Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.