Clinical Support Coordinator
Job ID: BH389159
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Clinical Support Coordinator
A healthcare provider in Boston is looking for an experienced Clinical Support Coordinator to provide administrative support to staff and patients within a specialty unit at one of their patient-care facilities.
The Patient Services Coordinator II (PSC II), under general supervision of the Administrative Manager of the Rheumatology Unit, provides administrative and customer service support in a high-volume outpatient hospital clinic. Providing administrative support for office and clinic operations and providing administrative support for physicians and nursing staff, the PSC II will be cross-trained to perform all PSC related responsibilities in the clinic.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all functions of PSC I.
Cross-trained in all clinic coordinator duties associated with the front desk, including but not limited to the following tasks: checks patients in for appointments, collects co-pays, handles insurance referrals, schedules future appointments, prepares daily schedules and patient paperwork, prepares exam rooms for upcoming clinic sessions, coordinates referrals to other departments and facilities, schedules imaging exams and handles any necessary insurance pre-certification, maintains the cleanliness of the waiting room and patient areas, handles patient needs as they arise in the daily clinic flow.
Cross-trained in all clinic coordinator duties associated with the back office, including but not limited to the following tasks: scans patient records, provides phone line and voicemail coverage, appropriately triages patient care and prescription refill requests, explains new patient procedures, schedules for provider appointments and infusion appointments, processes necessary billing edits, processes prior authorizations for prescription and infusion medications, keeps track of supplies and maintains cleanliness in the back office and supply closets, coordinates research studies as needed.
– Utilizes hospital provided software and web-based applications to coordinate appointments, messages and requests for patients.
– Triages and manages complex telephone calls and in-office patient interactions effectively and courteously.
– Manages incoming and outgoing mail and faxes, and sorts appropriately.
– Directs and assists patients in need of various resources to the appropriate hospital departments.
– As an important team member, works effectively with other Practice staff to manage workflow.
– Provides cross-coverage for other Practice staff members as needed (e.g. staff absences, vacations, and during variations of workflow, etc.).
– Provides information and supports problem-solving, troubleshooting, and managing complex patient situations.
– Displays professional & compassionate customer service.
– Learns and identifies complexities of various insurance plans and payers, including HMO plans, Managed Care, and other Third-Party Insurers, as it relates to Allergy patients and payment issues (self-pays, co-pays, referrals, prior approvals, etc). Helps educate Allergy patients how to navigate coverage issues by referring to appropriate resources.
– Consistently maintains confidentiality and privacy and all HIPPA guidelines.
– Identifies and communicates to Practice Leadership issues of process creating inefficiencies within the operation and assists in their resolution.
– Assists with special projects and responsibilities as needed and or assigned by Practice Leadership.
– Higher education/training in any one of the following categories preferred: Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Science/Business, Secretarial Training Certificate Program, or Bachelor’s Degree.
– Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in customer service or administrative office preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
– Demonstrated technical ability to learn various new software and web-based applications, and how to effectively interface between programs
– Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team
– Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, and effective time management skills
– High-level communicator with all levels of staff, physicians, nurses, and management, both in verbal and written communication
– Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills or willingness to learn
– Demonstrates knowledge of HIPAA Confidentiality and Privacy policies
– Demonstrates an understanding of Disaster protocols to include: fire, safety, code calls, per the mandatory training, as outlined by the hospital and JCAHO guidelines
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.