Customer Support Specialist
Job ID: BH389121
Category: Customer Support, Customer Service, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Customer Support Specialist
A healthcare provider in the Boston area is looking for a Customer Support Specialist to work with Workplace Services to provide administrative and customer support to employees and guests.
- HS Diploma
- 1-3 years of Administrative experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
- Associate’s Degree
Under the general supervision of the Facility Manager, the Customer Service Specialist meets and greets visitors and guests at the reception desk at our campus. With a mature, pleasant, and gracious demeanor, the Service Specialist utilizes knowledge of office systems and procedures, regulations, and departmental functions to provide support to employees and guests. The reception area will be staffed from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with multiple shifts. An onsite security officer will also be present in the reception area during all business hours.
• Manages the lobby/reception area
• Greets visitors and vendors graciously and courteously while maintaining the security of the environment.
• Assist with visitor welcome experience, including temporary badge access, parking validation and contact
appropriate department contacts for visitor
• Directs visitors and guests to meeting location when needed
• Answers reception telephone line and responds to general inquiries; redirects callers or takes messages.
• Serves as a back-up to other Service Specialists during breaks and vacations
• Assists with supply purchases and distribution.
• Assist Workplace Services with administrative issues at the campus (i.e. check condition of conference and meeting space and remediate, as needed) and, at times, works with Workplace Services and Security on integrated projects
• Performs data entry and other ad hoc duties, as requested
• Additionally, the Service Specialist will have other administrative duties as assigned in other areas of the building.
• Uses our organizations values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
• A minimum of 1 – 3 years of administrative experience along with a high school diploma.
• Associates Degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and a general aptitude for learning new software
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Maintains a professional demeanor and demonstrates excellent customer service skills, providing accurate and reliable information to internal and external customers
• Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information in an appropriate and professional manner
• Must be positive, detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task
• Demonstrates the ability to work independently and in a team environment when needed
• Comfortable interfacing with all levels of employees within the organization, tactfully and persuasively
• Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for one's work, e.g., proactive in identifying issues, prepared to address concerns/questions, makes recommendations.
• Highly motivated and capable of working in a fast paced and changing environment
• Must be reliable and punctual Working Conditions:
• Office Environment (desk, telephone and computer work).
• Routine walking required for various checks and remediation efforts throughout the building and minor lifting required (10 lbs.)
• May require reception coverage at other locations on the campus.
• In addition to our organization’s background record check(s), may require early education and care background record check(s), which includes CORI, DCF, SORI, and Fingerprinting.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.