AR and AP Supervisor
Job ID: BH389072
Category: Accounts Receivable Manager, Accounts Payable Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Location: Brockton
Hybrid schedule 2 days at home and 3 in the office is preferred.
Company Information, Industry, Size: Manufacturing food company
Team Size: 5
Interview Process: Virtual
- 3+ years of AR experience
- Any ERP experience
- Sage software
Responsible for overseeing and directing accounts receivable specialist and accounts payable specialist. Prepares periodic reports, reviews, and reconciles data. Oversees and prepares adjustments and reconciliations to Company records, files, and statements. Provides managers with information necessary for decision-making.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable department functions.
- Ensures that A/R and A/P functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed.
- Oversees all accounts receivable processing. Conducts and approves credit limits on all new customers. Ensure timely collections of payments.
- Oversees all accounts payable processing and acts as backup, as necessary. Setup and approve all new vendors. Codes invoices to appropriate general ledger accounts. Determines optimum payment dates and takes advantage of discounts on invoices. Prepare and issue 1099’s to vendors at year-end.
- Reviews financial information needed to ensure an accurate aged trial balance reports.
- Researches and resolves accounting errors, vendor problems and billing discrepancies. Reviews invoices to ensure that they are correctly coded, properly authorized, and there are no overpayments or repeat payments.
- Prepares regular reports and statements for management.
- Ensures that accounting duties are completed in accordance with established procedures and applicable regulations.
- Keeps all invoices, bills and deposits organized.
- Works with outside auditors to provide financial info relating to audit.
j. Prepares monthly commissions statements.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective business relations with vendors, governmental agencies, and outside business and accounting professionals.
- Responds to questions and problems politely and promptly.
- Ensures that outside contacts are properly informed.
- Ensures that the Company’s professional reputation is projected and maintained.
6. Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and with management.
- Completes reports, records, and other documentation in accordance with established guidelines.
- Supports area personnel as required
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
7. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that Accounting Department work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Updates accounting skills as required
- Accounting documents, account reconciliations, aging reports, and related reports are accurately and timely completed and/or filed.
- Accounting errors are promptly detected and resolved.
- Accounting functions are conducted in accordance with established policies and related legal requirements.
- Good business relations exist with outside business contacts.
- Good communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management. Assistance is provided as needed. Management is provided with useful, specialized reports as needed.
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Required Knowledge: Technical knowledge of account receivable and accounts payable procedures and reports.
Understanding of customer credit applications and limits.
Knowledge of related computer applications
Experience Required: Three or more years of accounts receivable and accounts payable experience.
Skills/Abilities: Strong Excel skills
Experience with SAGE or other automated Accounting systems
Accurate and attentive to detail.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others
Able to meet deadlines and manage projects.
Proficient in 10-key and computer operations.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.