Trade Finance Supervisor
Job ID: BH389007
Category: Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- This company is currently recruiting a Trade Finance Supervisor to join our Banking Services Team. This is a mid-senior level position with some direct responsibility for supervision of people/process. Responsibilities also include the processing of Commercial Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees under approved Credit facilities as well as Documentary Collections in support of the firm’s business lines. As a senior level subject matter specialist s/he deals with more complex issues as they relate to his/her area of focus. Tasks include; answering client inquiries, assisting clients with technical issues, reviewing and approving transactions processed in accordance with ICC Rules and with Credit and Compliance Policies in mind, authenticating client instructions, data processing, reporting, and reconciliation, and communicating with other departments, operations groups, account managers and clients. This position will also contribute to projects.
- Some of your key responsibilities include: Conflict Resolution Resolve problems and execute transactions. Interact with other departments on resolution of issues. Follow up on open inquiries. Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure. Intraday and end of day reconciliation of daily work.
- Project Management Assisting management with high level projects Client Relations Provide superior client service. Ensure timely response to internal and external requests. Build and maintain relationships at all levels both within and outside the organization. Communicate as part of a team. Ensure all deadlines and requirements are being met.
- Process Improvement Challenge all processes, procedures and practices. Help to enhance the productivity of the unit. Identify and document errors in an effort to reduce exposure. Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity. Other: Leverage understanding of the big picture/how specific function impacts the firm. Contribute to Division or Firm process improvement activities. May assist in the development and production of monthly management reporting
- Qualifications: Knowledge/Proficiency in the Following; International Trade Services Commodities (Coffee/Metals/Energy)ICC RulesUCP600ISP98URR725Commercial Letters of Credit Documentary Letters of Credit Standby Letters of Credit Document Examination SWIFT MT7xx
- Knowledge/Skills; Knowledge of one or more product areas within Operations and its process. Research, analysis and problem resolution skills. Ability to communicate professionally with all levels through effective verbal and written skills. Organizational skills and detail oriented. Ability to multi-task. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Proactive self starter who is detail and goal oriented.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.