Job ID: BH388939
Category: HR Generalist
Specialty: Human Resources
The HR Generalist provides counsel and advice to the management and staff on associate issues pertaining to performance counseling, discrimination issues, terminations, investigations or general associate relations concerns. This position supports all groups residing in the Lakeville facility, including Distribution Center (Talbots Retail & Direct, 3rd Party Operations), QA, Global Logistics & Customs Compliance. It works closely with the HRBP and supports him/her with the complex and highly sensitive associate issues, investigations and training projects.
- Provide counsel and advice to management on matters pertaining to associate performance, terminations, discipline or other associate relations topics (harassment, discrimination, unfair treatment, etc.).
- Oversee and assist in the ongoing compliance with the Performance Counseling Policy. Review, finalize and approve performance conversations/documents.
- Research and work to resolve unemployment claims with management, unemployment vendor and Human Resources staff. Gather information and communicate with management to contest claims as necessary. Assist in the preparation of management for unemployment hearings as applicable.
- Schedule and administer Exit Interviews for associates separating from the company. Conduct interviews and prepare written summaries for tracking turnover and associate relations records. Maintain current information in confidential files.
- Work closely with the HRBP to help ensure positive employee engagement through fair and consistent administration of human resource policies and procedures within the facility. Research, investigate and plan resolutions with management for non-management performance problems and policy violations.
- Coordinate and research legal issues with HRBP. Gather associate information as needed to support and conclude the legal issue assuring compliance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws. Assist in implementing communication strategies, researching and making recommendations to management.
- Handle incoming phone calls or in-person visits from associates relating to current concerns, research matters and follow-up as needed. Document as needed.
- Create and track HR related reports; processing related invoices; additional administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist all areas of Human Resources with special projects and assignments as needed.
Education & Experience:
Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of human resource generalist experience with exposure to associate relations issues, problem resolution and recruitment. Knowledge of labor laws (ADA, Title VII, FLSA, ADEA). Ability to organize and influence associate issues, and bring them to resolution; perceptive listening and communication skills (both verbal and written); ability to work with various levels of management and maintain a critical level of confidentiality; proficient with MS Office. PeopleSoft and ADI experience is helpful.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.