Job ID: BH388934
Category: Staff Accountant
Dynamic Non Profit organization seeking a Staff Accountant. The position is a mix of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger responsibilities.
- Review invoices for correct coding and input in accounting software
- Respond quickly to ad hoc check requests, weekly check runs, ensure transactions are posted in cash journals
- Compile weekly open payables report for review by Director of Finance
- Ensure all vendors have 1099 on file. File 1099/1096s
- Monthly reconciliation of credit card bills
- Complete Daily cash report activity.
- Prepare and file New Hampshire Rooms and Meals Tax Report
- Prepare invoices for intercompany events
- Deposit and post payments
- Deposit checks for family and foundation accounts, create cash receipts for entities, update cash journals
- Helps to develop and document Standard Operating Procedures for various month-end closing tasks
- Responds to information requests, reviews financial statements, and assists with audits
- Prepares journal entries, variance analysis, and account reconciliations that assist with monthly close process
- Capitalize any Fixed Asset additions, calculate monthly depreciation schedules using BNA, and prepare monthly entry
- Other general ledger accounting duties as assigned
The candidate is a highly motivated accounting professional focused on setting measurable operating goals and reporting financial results monthly, identifying barriers (or hot issues) to achieving those goals, and making recommendations on beating those goals. This individual must be a strong team member comfortable working within a fast paced privately held family office and committed to supporting company’s long-term goals. Seeking an accountant that is focused, eager to learn, a forward thinker, and have a high sense of urgency while still paying close attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and team player,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, ERP.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.