Temporary Executive Assistant
Job ID: BH388733
Category: Executive Assistant
About the Position:
This position is assigned to the Executive Department and provides first-line administrative, planning and organizational support to Executive Director. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills and tact to interact with Commissioners, senior administrators, key figures in local and state government, and the company members. The fast-paced department environment requires this person to be able to perform duties under pressure and with strict deadlines.
The Temporary Executive Assistant position directly reports to the Deputy Executive Director. This position may work with other department directors as well as the agency’s senior leadership.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
1. Provide administrative support to Executive Director and 1-3 senior staff.
2. Manage calendar for the Executive Director including scheduling, agenda setting and follow-up activities.
3. Prepare and set-up for virtual, hybrid or in person meetings for the Executive Director
4. Maintenance of the executive department files (electronic and paper) and organization of files
5. Prepare daily materials and logistical backup for the Executive Director.
6. Preparation for Commission Meetings including posting and distribution of meeting agenda, compiling meeting documents from Directors, Commissioners and outside meeting participants. Distributing and publishing the Commissioners packets; hybrid meeting preparation, including preparing and managing virtual meeting set-up as well as room scheduling and set up; clean up and follow up work as needed.
7. Administratively support the Chair and other members of the Commission.
8. Draft correspondence from the Executive Director (in conjunction with others as needed.)
9. Edit and proofread other documents being distributed from the Executive Director as requested
10. Participation on internal committees to promote employee engagement in both a virtual and hybrid environment.
11. General administrative duties, such as copying, scanning, answering phones, etc.
12. Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work with poise in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
• Comfortable working with high level officials/C-level
• Ability to work in a remote and hybrid environment
• Curious to learn new topics and ability to learn new topics quickly
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to communicate in a precise, understandable manner and ability to communicate concisely, clearly and provide information in a logical sequence
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work autonomously once a process is learned
• Critical thinker and problem solver.
• Experience in handling confidential and strategic information; ability to exercise discretion in handling such information; and knowledge of how to handle information protected under HIPAA; ability to exercise sound judgment
• Ability to establish rapport and maintain harmonious working relationships with others
• Understanding of health insurance and related employee benefits, particularly in Massachusetts.
• Team player and self-motivated to meet challenges.
• Ability to work in a visible public environment with multiple entities and priorities.
• Ability to interact with the public in an appropriate manner.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.