Job ID: BH388711
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
TEMP to Perm or Straight PERM
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Interview Process: Virtual interviews with VP of Finance. Then virtual interviews with HR and CEO
Hours (any flex on start/end times / any remote work?): Full time role but are very flexible with the hours you need to keep. Will be ok if you need to work during odd times of the day.
Job Location: Remote for the time being. Boston eventually but no real plan to return to the office yet.
Dress: Business Casusal
Co Size: Small start up environment
Team Size: Only has a VP of Finance right now. Will report directly to him. Also going to try to hire a Staff Accountant after this.
Company Info/About: Lending money and also borrow money to make those loans.
Why Open: Newly created role.
- ???????Hands on work and knowledge of full close
- Quickbooks and NetSuite (They are currently in the process of changing from QB to NetSuite)
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail oriented and analytical, with an interest in a career in accounting. Candidate must be detail oriented with strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Candidate also thrives in a fast-paced environment and can take on new responsibilities quickly.
- Key member of Finance team, working directly with Finance Manager on array of tasks.
- Assist in recording journal entries and reconciling both balance sheet and income statement accounts, in a timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Heavily involved in monthly close process and compilation of monthly financial statements
- Work collaboratively both within Finance team and with other business functions.
- Work collaboratively with Staff Accountant to ensure proper recording of both incoming and outgoing payments.
- Ability to complete ad-hoc tasks, for example running reports and completing spot-checks/audits of reports used in financial close.
- Communicate with CEO and CTO on ongoing company projects, likely on a daily basis.
- Assist in day to day financial operations with banks and other financial institutions
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-4 Years of work experience in a related field preferred
- Accounting/Finance or other quantitative analytical background
- CPA not required, but an advantage (Progress in exam or interest in completion would be great)
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong Communication Skills required
- Creativity to build structure around loosely defined projects
- Resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.