Job ID: BH388540
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
Job Location: Boston, MA
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM or 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Co. Size: 26,000+
- GED/HS Diploma
- 1-3 years in a healthcare setting working with the public
- Administrative experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual in Spanish
We are looking for practice secretaries to be part of our team. We believe that practice secretaries are the all important first impression of our practice. Furthermore, as
advocates for our patients and their families, they make it easier for to navigate the healthcare system, making sure everyone receives the care they need.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
· Creating an unparalleled experience for our patients and their families
· Appointment scheduling
· Responding to requests from patients, families, and co-workers in person, by phone and by e-mail
· Using knowledge of access to meet needs of patient while best utilizing the multiple types of ways patients can interact with their healthcare team
· Including shared medical appointments and e-visits
· prepare for patient visits by providing patients with all necessary information and completing all necessary tasks
· Tracking and addressing no shows and cancellations
· Continuously improving scheduling templates
· Checking in patients
· Continuously updating contact information and preferences
· Continuously updating attribution to correct practitioner
· Collect co-pays
· Ensures all forms are completed
· Checking out patients
· Including generating after visit summaries
· Scheduling and tracking diagnostic testing and specialty referrals
· Use of computerized reminders per protocol
· Courteously helps patients and families to navigate the practice and the healthcare system
· Whether in person, by phone, or by email
· Clearly answers questions when able and appropriate
· When necessary, transfers the patient to the right person to meet their need.
· When necessary, takes complete and accurate messaged and follows through to make sure patient’s need is addressed
· Assists healthcare team to which they are assigned in administrative tasks
· Participate in the education of students and residents
· Participate in process improvement groups
· Evening hours once a week, and Saturday AM hours once a month
· Assist co-workers in their duties (within the limitations of training and scope of practice)
· All other duties as prescribed
QUALIFICATIONS: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
· Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Some additional education or post high school training preferred. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree a plus, but not required.
· 1-3 years of experience in similar setting working with the public
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
· Customer focused and patient-centered
· Enjoys being part of a diverse team
· Ability to multi-task
· Comfortable with change
· Spanish language skills strongly preferred but not required
· Understanding of office procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
· Phone skills: Ability to use phone system, answer and screen calls
· Verbal skills: Ability to answer questions and give information as appropriate, and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
· Understanding of medical terminology
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to follow established protocols
· Writing skills: Ability to take accurate and complete messages, and to generate brief letters.
· Organization skills: Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly way. Ability to follow instructions.
· System skills: Basic computer literacy and understanding of office systems, ability to type and enter data.
· IT skills including LMR, clinical messaging, IDX, BICS, e-mail, Microsoft word
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.