Administrative Assistant II
Job ID: BH388531
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Job Location: Boston, MA
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Co. Size: 26,000+
- Healthcare experience
- EPIC experience
- Customer Service experience
- Prior Administrative experience in a clinical operations setting (preferably within surgery)
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience with patient access and delivery systems, referrals and authorizations, billing functions and procedures, and/or financial analysis.
Actual job duties may vary by department
– Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in administrative skills.
– Provide routine and more complex administrative support such as: typing memos and letters, answering telephones, and taking and distributing messages.
– Coordinate calendar and schedules including: coordinate calendars for several manager, providers, or coordinate events for department.
– Proofread and edit manuscripts, perform library or literature searches, and help to create and edit presentation materials. Work with less direction with ability to create more advanced material.
– Helps to prepare and edit grant applications and other related materials with less direction and more applicable knowledge of the process.
– Perform transcription of dictated physician notes.
– Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
– Provide cross coverage as needed.
– Assist with special projects as directed.
– Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
– Other duties, as assigned.
Level of education required:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Prior administrative experience in a clinical operations setting (preferably within surgery).
• 3+ years’ experience with patient access and delivery systems, referrals and authorizations, billing functions and procedures, and/or financial analysis strongly preferred.
• Excellent computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; insurance approval process; and clinical service billing.
Work experience required:
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology is preferred.
• Computer knowledge required: Windows, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
• Ability to use discretion in confidential matters.
• Ability to read, write and articulate in English is required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.