Sr. Staff Accountant
Job ID: BH388373
Category: Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- Assist with the coordination of the month-end close process, and perform month-end closing activities such as preparing reconciliations and journal entries.
- Perform analysis and calculations of customer and store occupancy liabilities and other operating accruals to ensure their compliance with GAAP standards.
- Prepare semi-annual budget projections and monthly forecasts related to customer liability and occupancy accounts.
- Work closely with members of the finance and business teams to provide timely support as issues arise.
- Assist with the annual audit process with the independent auditors.
- Research complex accounting issues and draft memos with conclusions on treatment and effects on the Company.
- Special projects as required by management to support on-going need of the business.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years accounting experience, preferably in public accounting
- CPA certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and the ability to research guidance to determine proper accounting treatment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with numerous personality types and various levels of management
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and to keep manager informed of issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent PC skills, particularly Excel and Word
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and balance workload effectively
- Knowledge of Oracle or related accounting software package
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.