Call Center Representative
Job ID: BH388198
Category: Call Center, Customer Service
Job Title: Call Center Representative
Job Location: Boston, MA
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Data Entry experience
- Customer Service experience
- EPIC experience
- Healthcare experience
The Neurosurgery Call Center Agent also known as New Patient Coordinator Administrative Assistant is often the “first impression” a customer has of the hospital’s Neurosurgery department. The call center agent must strive to develop a favorable rapport with all customers – including patients, referral sources, and third-party payers.
1. Call Center Office Operations
· Respond to a variety of incoming calls to the physician's practice, handling patient inquiries and issues in a timely and effective manner, treating all customers with dignity and respect.
· Field all incoming calls regarding scheduling/changing/canceling new patient evaluations
· Field general information calls and educate customers about our Neurosurgery department and direct them to our Neurosurgery website, if applicable.
· Return all patient phone calls within the same day
· Provide patients with progress updates on appointments, procedures, etc.
· Interact with other hospital departments, referring clinics and physicians’ offices in order to coordinate services for patients.
· Sort and review all physician correspondence.
· Exercise utmost confidentiality in all areas and abide by HIPAA rules and regulations.
· Be professional and courteous with all customers, displaying knowledge of and enthusiasm for our Neurosurgery department.
2. Clinic Responsibilities
· Schedule new patient visits and diagnostic testing as required and communicate plan with patient prior to visit.
· Follow-up and schedule all new patient appointments that come in through a variety of avenues (i.e. call center/eReferral/direct physician referral) in a timely manner.
· Prepare and send out new patient greeting letters with appropriate paperwork for the upcoming visit.
· Prepare charts for clinic ensuring that the chart is up to date and contains all patient correspondence received prior to the visit as well as diagnostic results.
· Run and complete information updates (i.e. insurance updates/contact information) prior to clinic.
· Complete clinic prep for each physician as requested for all new patients
3. Billing Function
· Serve as a liaison to insurance companies and provide them with all necessary information in order to obtain prior authorizations.
· Ascertain work related visits and cases; obtain all necessary worker compensation information necessary to initiate and complete W/C negotiations and billing prior to clinic visit.
· Complete referral management process in conjunction with Patient Service Center process
· Ensure that referrals obtained for all clinic visits are up to date and accurate.
· Perform demographic and insurance eligibility checks.
5. Prepare all correspondence
· Provide insurance companies with requested information in order to complete filings and documentation for motor vehicle, worker’s compensation, disability claims and insurance inquiries pertaining to our services.
· Mail or electronically mail all new patient materials out to patients in a timely manner.
6. Back-up Support
· Field any patient calls and inquiries for the particular practice if needed.
· Provide back-up support to administrative assistants in the event they are out of the office, which includes clinic coverage, billing coverage, assistance with surgical scheduling, if needed
· Schedule all surgical procedures and pre-operative screening appointments in Epic; notify patient and confirm arrangements.
· Schedule all radiological testing and assist physician and insurers with the prior authorization process.
· Work with clinical team to ensure that patient has all pre-operative educational materials.
· Confirm all bookings in system and with patient prior to the procedure date and within appropriate timelines.
7. Perform all other duties as requested
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.