Job ID: BH387812
Category: Accounting Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Client Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Contract to Hire
Oversees daily operations of the accounting department that includes but not limited to Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Asset Management, Construction in Progress, and Accounts Receivable. Manages staff of Accounting Analysts I & II, Self Pay Collector, and Accounts Payable. Ensures integrity of the financial statements which are critical to the organization. Coordinates and facilitates audits of financial statements and other statutory reporting
- Responsible for management and coordination of all accounting department functions and oversight of general ledger accounts and various departments for the clinic including primary and specialty care locations, concierge medical practices, executive health programs, other specialized medical programs, and management contracts.
- Performs detailed review of account analyses on a monthly basis and provides to the Controller for review.
- Prepares monthly account analyses for accounts receivable valuation/contractual adjustments and assesses for reasonableness.
- Responsible for preparation of the monthly financial statements and review of income and expenses charged during the month compared to budget to ensure accuracy and ensure timely reporting.
- Responsible to ensure financial statements are complete and follow GAAP.
- Assists with interim and year-end audit and ensures schedules are prepared timely and accurately.
- Responsible to ensure all medical group accounting is completed accurately and timely. Provide necessary documentation to tax accountants for tax return preparation. Work with medical group owners on other projects as requested.
- Assists with annual Form 990 tax return as requested.
- Reviews annual property reports prior to submission to the county.
- Provides data to various external and internal parties as requested.
- Requests and inputs wire transfers as necessary.
- Builds cross-functional relationships with Finance, IT, Payroll, Purchasing, and departments with regard to general ledger activity and department needs.
- Develops and maintains appropriate internal controls for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
- Provides necessary details and support to allow for approval of expenditures through the Purchasing Card system.
- Identifies staff training needs and works with the accounting team and IT department to ensure educational tools are available to the staff.
- Develops and mentors staff, monitors job performance and offers feedback and assistance when needed.
- Monitors departmental policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Offers suggestions to improve efficiency and accuracy in all accounting functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.