Accounts Payable Specialist
Job ID: BH387691
Category: Accounts Payable Coordinator, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Payable
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A manufacturing company in Westford, MA seeks an Accounts Payable Specialist for a 3+ month contract assignment
- 2+ years AP experience
- Competency with QuickBooks, Visual, and/or other accounting tools preferred
The role of the Accounts Payable and Project Support Specialist involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. The role is to complete payments and control expenses by processing invoices, verifying expenses, and reconciling invoices.
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, assisting with bank reconciliations.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors at multiple locations.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and authorization, as well as sufficient contracts and documentation.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records, and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports, as requested.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.