SEC Reporting Manager
Job ID: BH387620
Category: SEC Reporting, Reporting Analyst, Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A medical devices company in Lawrence, MA seeks an SEC Reporting Manager to join their growing team.
- 8+ years accounting experience
- Public accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP & SEC reporting requirements
- Start up/small company experience
The Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will lead the company’s SEC/financial reporting and SEC Reporting accounting, and guide the company to ensure compliance on relevant GAAP accounting compliance.
- The Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will ensure that the company’s financial activities are in compliance with legal, SEC, SOX, and GAAP guidelines, codes, laws, etc.
- The Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will be the expert within the company for compliance with FASB and all relevant standards and ensure that the company is compliant. The person in this role will be expected to do extensive research on existing and new guidance and develop a process for adoption and implementation.
- The Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will be responsible for SEC Reporting including managing the SEC reporting process, preparation of periodic filings such as the Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K (as necessary), S-3, DEF 14, etc. along with relevant schedules, analysis and support, timely filing, coordinating the update of comments and observations from management, lawyers, auditors etc.
- The Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will drive the processes for scoping, design effectiveness and operating effectiveness of the company’s Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR)
- Develop key reports to support monthly and quarterly reporting; work cross functionally to gather key financial metrics to support month-end fluctuation analysis and support monthly reporting.
- The Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting may be involved with the company’s cash management and treasury functions when necessary.
- The Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will support the company’s financial evaluation of business partners and other third party arrangements when they may impact the company.
- The Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will work on specific unique projects that might call for complex financial modeling or project management skills.
- The finance and accounting team should strive for continuous process and product improvement on all work activity in order to enhance the productivity and success of the department and the business team it supports.
- The person in this role will work collaboratively with the various business leaders in the company. This person will also be responsible for evaluating the finance and accounting resources within the company and developing a high performing finance and accounting team for Company
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.