Job ID: BH387614
Category: Revenue Accountant, Accounting Manager, Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A Software company in Boston, MA seeks a Revenue Manager to join their growing team.
- 5+ years accounting experience
- ASC 606
- Big 4 experience
- Quickbooks experience
- Software/high tech/biotech industry experience
- Take a leadership role in revenue recognition, performing contract reviews in accordance with ASC 606 and conducting monthly interviews with program managers to assess revenue
- Take ownership of accounts receivable and manage relationships with customer procurement contacts
- Assist the Company's day to day accounting operations, including the financial close, general ledger, and other accounting activities.
- Contribute in the evaluation and compliance of new accounting policies including developing new accounting policies, educating senior leadership of the implications of new accounting pronouncements, and identifying and implementing new internal controls around new policies to ensure continued compliance with US GAAP.
- Advise senior leadership on the technical accounting treatment for new transactions as they arise.
- Lead the coordination of the external financial statement audit
- Evaluate and lead the continuous improvement of the Company's accounting practices, policies, control procedures, and system enhancements with a focus on scaling of the Company's processes.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.