Customer Service Representative
Job ID: BH387415
Category: Customer Service
Customer Service Representative
Job Location: 100% remote; avoid CA, GA, CO, NY, NJ, Hi, ME, WA, and Vegas
Hours: Based on time zone – see file attached to job
EST: 8 hour shift between 8am – 9pm
CST: 8 hour shift between 7am – 9pm
MST: 8 hour shift between 6am – 9pm
PST: 8 hour shift between 5am – 9pm
* Schedule assigned based on business need
Industry: ASH is a privately-owned specialty health organization. They cover things like fitness, wellness, health management, etc. A lot of large health insurance plans offer chiro/acupuncture benefits thru ASH. Over 1000 employees, offices in IN, CA, TX, SC
Size: Department is currently 150 and will be over 200 when fully staffed
Interview Process: 1st interview with HR, 2nd interview with Hiring Manager
High school diploma
Minimum one year customer service, inbound call center preferred
American Specialty Health is searching for exceptional customer service professionals to join our high-volume call center to assist our members by providing exceptional customer service nationwide for our specialty network programs. By responding to customers’ inquiries and providing information regarding all aspects of the members’ association with ASH, this position will play an integral role in supporting our company’s mission to empower individuals to live healthier and longer.
Starting pay at $13.50/hour and the opportunity to earn up to $14.50/hour plus merit and bonus after the 1st year based on meeting Key Job Accountabilities.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional, accurate, timely and courteous manner.
- Ascertain the nature of the call and record information in the Communication Log.
- Look up member information using proprietary ASH systems and provide information to the caller.
- Forward logs requiring further research to the appropriate department.
- Transfer callers to the appropriate queue if question is of a more complex issue (claims, authorizations, etc).
- Utilize appropriate resources, including those online; to provide timely responses.
- Manage time to ensure calls are answered within required timeframes and appropriate follow up is done in a timely manner.
- Meet or exceed minimum key job accountabilities established for the Customer Service Representative position.
- Document all calls appropriately.
- Attends weekly staff and other meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork among department personnel.
- Responds to requests for internal and external customers and/or clients, as required.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one-year experience performing customer service duties; inbound call center experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.