Administrative Assistant II
Job ID: BH387160
Category: Administrative Assistant
Organizes and implements administrative systems and procedures. Serves as principal source of information on unit, project or program. Gathers and maintains data for and assists in preparing reports, often using a variety of computer software. Prepares and maintains financial, personnel, administrative, student records. Provides for smooth day to day flow of communications within the department. May compose, proofread, edit and prepare correspondence, reports and other materials using word processing, spreadsheets and or databases. Arranges for use of facilities and plans meetings, conferences and seminars. Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing clerical or administrative duties as required. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to handle complex and confidential information. Competency using a variety of office computer software. Requires intermediate to advanced knowledge of email calendar, word processing, spreadsheets. Prior office experience required.
The Administrative Coordinator job responsibilities fall into several key areas as follows.
• Serves as principal contact and source of information for customers of the department, including faculty, researchers, students, staff, and external customers.
• Coordinates parking passes, telecom, computers, and other departmental resources.
• Advises on university/departmental policy, directing requests to other offices as needed.
• Proactively communicates with faculty to ensure timely documentation for new research hires, term extensions, leave requests, and end dates.
• Assists with visas, prepares appointments, assists with onboarding, and maintains unit records related to research hires.
• Acts as back-up for team members to cover for absences as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Coordinates communications for the Department.
• Makes regular updates to public departmental website and social media, as well as internal collaboration tools (Teams, Slack, SharePoint, etc.).
• Determines marketing plans. Designs and distributes promotional event posters.
• Coordinates communication around shared spaces (kitchens, conference rooms, etc.).
• Assists with departmental newsletter.
• Assists with coordinating departmental events (e.g. Fall Harvest Day, Winter Fest, recruitment lunches and dinners, staff lunches, annual holiday party, Visiting Committee arrangements, senior faculty retirements, etc.).
• Schedules space, books hotels, arranges travel, orders catering, arranges in-person/Zoom/hybrid events.
• Assists with faculty searches and promotions by placing job ads, arranging travel, processing reimbursements, and organizing dossier materials.
• Processes faculty reimbursements and other payments.
• Oversees non-personnel budget for departmental operating funds.
• Oversees departmental restricted funds by tracking budgets, commitments, and actual expenses.
• Manages departmental corporate card and purchasing card, reconciling expenses and processing timely payments in accordance with University and local policies and procedures.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.