Job ID: BH386977
Category: Administrative Assistant
Contract to Hire (may consider direct hire)
Job Location: Cambridge (On the Somerville Line) Close to Porter Square. Candidates need to be in the office some of the time. Hybrid schedule.
Team Size: Reporting to the HR team. Has about 4 people in it.
Interview Process: Virtual
- MS Office
- Good communication skills
- Communicate regularly with Commission members and other project participants, Academy members, external stakeholders, the program director and staff, and other departments.
- Fulfill project administrative needs, including maintaining shared project files, tracking project activities and progress, and coordinating production and distribution of project publications.
- Provide logistical support for conferences, meetings, and events. Coordinate scheduling, prepare relevant materials, and provide on-site and virtual staff support.
- Lead, when appropriate, programmatic and research initiatives, including secondary research, data analysis and literature reviews.
- Draft and edit talking points, briefings, and other written materials.
- As appropriate, contribute to research and drafting of reports.
- Update website content with relevant project materials.
- Maintain and process external contracts, agreements, invoices, and reimbursements.
- Assist with mentoring and onboarding of new staff.
- Work with staff from other program areas to maintain awareness of potential areas of collaboration.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel (up to 25%) required once public health guidelines allow.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, an acute attention to detail, and follow through on tasks.
- Ability to be flexible, learn quickly, seek creative solutions, pivot when needed, and work accurately under pressure on complex, highly publicized projects.
- Strong writing, proofreading, research (for briefings, verifying accuracy of details, and citation formatting) and editing skills.
- Experience with budget-tracking and project management.
- Ability to comfortably and professionally communicate with a wide range of audiences, including Academy members, staff, and the public at large.
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exhibit confidentiality and good judgment.
- Scientific research and analysis a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and/or social media a plus.
- Interest in science policy and science communication a plus.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.