Job ID: BH386796
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
Contract: Temp, Temp to Perm
Job Location: Boston, MA
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Company Size: 26,000+
Performs all secretarial and receptionist functions necessary for the complete and efficient management of patients through the ambulatory facility, including the acquisition of necessary patient-care and records. Using the Department of Medicine’s standard greeting and appropriate telephone etiquette, answers all incoming telephone lines in a timely fashion. Adheres to divisional and departmental service standards related to telephone access to ensure that patients, referring physicians, and other customers can easily access the Practice by telephone. As centralized Department of Medicine staff you will be cross trained within the Dept. of Medicine specialties Divisions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects, and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
1) Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in
2) Act as a super user for scheduling, registration, and billing systems. Provide training and
assistance to others in these areas.
3) May perform more complex or specialized functions (i.e. surgical scheduling) at highest
4) Utilize knowledge of HMO’s, managed care and other third party insurers, and troubleshoots
insurance issues as appropriate.
5) Greets and assists patients when they check in & out of the clinic in a professional manner.
6) Obtains or reviews their demographics & fiscal information
7) Collects Co-Pays, enters payments and closes batch at the end of the day
8) Prepares necessary documentation for scheduled patient appointments
9) Answers patient’s telephone calls, correctly processing information or answering questions or
10) Schedules all appointments including ancillary testing
11) Communications effectively and in a professional manner with patients regarding wait times
12) Maintains general reception area, ensuring cleanliness and organization.
13) Obtains prior authorizations.
14) Adheres to Joint Commission and Department of Public Health regulations as well hospital and Departmental policies, such as: Attendance, Co-Pay and Dress Code.
15) Performs other duties and tasks as requested by supervisors to ensure the efficient overall
performance of the facility, maintaining flexibility regarding the occasional need for the staff
coverage in other areas of the facility.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.