Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID: BH386471
Category: Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting Analyst, Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Head Start No— FA/GL NY
Other Comp/Benefits: 10% bonus eligibility
Background Check: yes, theirs
***********************Send below to the candidates************************
Client Job Title: Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Job Location: Remote for Now, discussions to return after Memorial Day
500 5th Ave New York New York 10110 (5th & 42nd) – 20th Floor
Hours: 9-6 w/ some longer hours at Month/Quarter/Year end
Co Size: $300m for Vince + $85m for recent acquisitions (Rebecca Taylor & Parker) = about $400m total
Team Size: 25-30 in Finance. Leadership is CFO, Controller, Dir of Accounting and Director of Reporting
Company Information: Vince Holding Corp. is a global contemporary group, consisting of three brands: Vince, Rebecca Taylor, and Parker. Vince, established in 2002, is a leading global luxury apparel and accessories brand best known for creating California-inspired elevated yet understated pieces for every day effortless style. Known for its range of luxury products, Vince offers women’s and men’s ready-to-wear and accessories through 49 full-price retail stores, 15 outlet stores, and its e-commerce site, vince.com as well as premium wholesale channels globally and through its subscription service, Unfold. Rebecca Taylor, founded in 1996 in New York City, is a high-end women’s contemporary lifestyle brand inspired by beauty in the everyday. The Rebecca Taylor collection is available at Rebecca Taylor boutiques and at rebeccataylor.com as well as high-end department and specialty stores worldwide as well is its subscription service. Parker, founded in 2008 in New York City, is a contemporary women’s fashion brand with high perceived value. The Parker collection is available at parkerny.com as well as high-end department and specialty stores worldwide. Vince Holding Corp. is headquartered in New York. Please visit www.vince.com for more information.
Team Size: Reports to the controller, 25-30 in Finance
Interview Process: Zoom interviews w/ CHRO, CFO, Controller and VP FP&A – 2-3 rounds
- CPA track
- 2+ years foundation in Public Accounting Firm
- Strong SEC reporting (8-k, 10-k and 10-Q) experience in a corporate setting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience
- Experience with ASC 842
- XBRL reporting experience
- Retail experience
Job Summary/Description: A leader in the luxury retail industry is looking for a strong Financial Reporting Analyst to join the team. A candidate who has experience with SEC compliance and reporting is needed. Someone who understands the regulations and can handle SEC footnotes on reporting.
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst reports into the Director of Financial Reporting
- Assist in in the preparation and filing of reports with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K (earnings press releases), proxy statements, and other filing documents.
- Prepare various financial statements, footnotes and MD&A in the periodic filings and 401(k) plan financial statements.
- Coordinate internal information requests and prepare supporting documentation and analyses to support the financial statements, footnotes and MD&A disclosures, including disclosure checklists and tie-out binders.
- Prepare Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Work cross functionally with Accounting, Legal, FP&A, Operations, IT, HR, etc.
- Work with external auditors in conjunction with the annual year-end audit and quarterly reviews.
- Prepare monthly bank financial statements.
- Assist in loading of equity grants throughout the year.
- Assist in the preparation grant-date fair value calculations, quarterly stock-based compensation expense and option exercise schedules.
- Liaise with HR and assist in the preparation of participant communications surrounding the equity incentive plan.
- Assist in the preparation of EPS calculations.
- Perform reconciliations of information per the equity administration portal, general ledger, stock transfer agent and bank accounts.
Other Duties and Ad Hoc Projects:
- Remain current on new and upcoming accounting guidance issued by the FASB and SEC.
- Assist the Director of Financial Reporting in technical accounting research including adoption of ASC 842 – Leases.
- Assist the Accounting Department in their monthly close process.
- Prepare documentation and facilitate testing of internal controls surrounding the financial reporting and equity processes to ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Continuously assess financial reporting and equity processes for process improvements.
- Prepare reports/analyses and participate in other projects as needed
Qualifications & Competencies:
- BS/BA in Accounting required
- CPA or progress towards CPA required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 3-5 years of public/private accounting experience (2 years minimum at Big 4 public accounting firm required)
- Experience with Donnelley Financial Solutions Active Disclosure a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
- Retail and/or consumer goods industry experience a plus
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.