Financial Analyst II
Job ID: BH386129
Category: Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- Assist NIBR’s Business Development Finance department by managing key enabling financial planning and reporting process, systems/ submissions, and financial analysis associated with external collaboration, licensing, acquisition and divestment deals.
- Manage NIBR public and private equity portlofio finance operations.
- Own the BD&L function financial planning, book close, and reporting tasks
- Assist BD&L and Alliance Management on finance support for BD&L deals
Financial Processes and Systems
- Manage basic financial processes, systems and reports for NIBR BD&L Finance processes – Strat Plan, Target setting, Latest Forecasts/Outlooks and global monthly book close by aligning closely with FRA and Global BPA teams
- Single point of contact and finance process expert on Procure to Pay (P2P) transactions. Ensure BD&L transactions are properly initiated and completed in P2P systems. Provide proper accounting and compliance advice to Alliance management teams working with FRA, BPA, Mexico FSC and Offshore teams.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Review and manage BD&L P&L and Balance Sheets (Intangibles, Equity, Loans, Contingent Considerations, and Impairment/Amortization) and Cash Flow forecasts across entities
- Overall lead for NIBR Public and Private Equity and Loans portfolio – governance, accounting, analytics, annual valuation, banking relationships
- Proactive, thoughtful, clear communication to business partners on actionable analytics, BD&L budget and proposed transactions' financial implications (e.g. monthly presentations to the NIBR Deal Committee, FED committee)
- Participate as finance support for BD&L deals and Alliance Management – collaborations, licensing, acquisitions, divestments etc. by analyzing financial information, preparing approvals and recommendation reports, ensuring related accounting and payments, and value adding data analysis and insights.
- Adhoc business analysis and finance advisory as needed
- years of relevant finance/ accounting/ controllership experience
- Financial planning, reporting and business support in Pharmaceuticals/Biotech environment
- Pharma BD&L experience preferred
- Strong fundamentals and experience in accounting/ auditing
- Process improvement and project management experience
- Systems agility/super user with SAP, BW, BPC, Excel, Powerpoint
- Degree in accounting, economics or relevant field. CPA preferred
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.