Job ID: BH385741
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Corner of Fort Washington Ave and W 165th St
Hours: 40 hours per week.
Industry: Higher Education
Interview Process: 1-2 Virtual Interviews
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in training, education, and /or experience plus at least two years related experience.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite) required;
- The ideal candidate will be able to maintain positive relations with faculty and other staff members.
- Prior experience with working in an academic medical center or healthcare facility.
The incumbent will report to the Operations Manager for the Department of Ophthalmology.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide general administrative support to the faculty assigned, including managing his/her calendar, phone and email communication.
- Receive and review correspondence coming into the office and respond to general inquiries; draft correspondence and assist with preparation of reports and presentations.
- Assisting with preparation of publications and interaction with journal offices.
- Prepare clinical dictations.
- Plan and coordinate travel arrangements and prepare itineraries and expense reports.
- Processes travel and business expense reports, domestic and international invoices, procurements of goods and services, and petty cash transactions through the Accounting and Reporting at Columbia system (ARC).
- Organize meetings, events and conferences in the department.
- Provide support to practice administration, including developing and maintaining practice forms, and policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.