Job ID: BH385541
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Service Coordinator
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for centralized telephone coverage of the Patient/Family Relations Department, primarily calls for patient/family service needs and concerns or complaints. Enters information relating to the concern in the database for Department staff as an accurate log of events, including dates, time and staff involved in the concern. Triages calls to appropriate Department and Center staff. Assures Patient/Family Representatives are immediately contacted for urgent patient/family needs.
2. Assists with investigation and management of lost belongings on behalf of patients, families, and staff. Coordinates the return of found items and investigates missing items, including EMR review, communication with inpatient floors and potential reimbursement of medical necessities as appropriate.
3. Greets patients who visit and directs them to the appropriate resources, within the Center or the institution. Assists patients and families with concierge services including pagers, hotel accommodations, visitor policy information, parking information, access to the cashier’s office, use of business center services, etc. As needed, provide coverage for Health Education Library and Family Liaison Services.
4. Provides patient assistance programs as per policy, ensuring that all requests are entered in the database and compliant with the policy as they relate to parking vouchers, meal vouchers and cab vouchers.
5. Assists patients, families, staff representatives and other departments in the appropriate coordination of requested hospital support services and activities such as access to relevant teams. Interacts with other hospital services (practice staff, interpreters, chaplaincy, etc.) on a daily basis. Co-ordinates responses from senior leadership as requested.
6. Assists with the management of the department’s database. Enters and updates data regarding incoming cases and assigns cases to appropriate Patient Representative as necessary.
7. Provides administrative support to the Director and Senior Director (i.e. providing patient assistance as required, computer support in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
8. Responsible for ensuring all voicemails are recorded and responded to within 24 hours of receipt.
9. Responsible for daily coordination of office administrative and personnel support activities (i.e. supply ordering, check requests, filing, computer/telephone repairs, etc.).
10. Coordinates Department volunteers, including orienting and directing day to day activities.
11. Assists with management of patient/family compliments, to include sending commendation letters to staff and acknowledgement letters to patients.
12. Shares responsibility for the coverage of all Center telephones and support functions during operational hours. (i.e. coverage of breaks, lunch, vacation, etc.).
13. Logs types of calls/service requests to determine Center utilization and required services.
14. Maintains department service standards, with particular attention to personal and behavioral standards, staff teamwork and patient-staff interactions guidelines.
15. Provides notarial acts/services for patients and families upon request for inpatients and walk-ins.
16. Coordinates resources and services for inpatients on behalf of staff, including but not limited to: patient clothing, DVDs, games, books, and access to AV support.
17. Provides service recovery for inpatient units and ambulatory clinics as requested by leadership.
18. All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Excellent customer service skills to patients, families, and staff.
2. Excellent telephone and person-to-person skills and ability to provide immediate assistance to a wide range of customers with varying needs and concerns.
3. Excellent interpersonal and coping skills with individuals in crisis.
4. Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
5. Excellent writing skills
6. Database development and management skills.
7. Experience in managing multiple tasks and functions at the same time.
1. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
2. 5 years secretarial and office management experience.
3. Spanish speaking preferred.
4. Competency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.