Sr. Administrative Assistant
Job ID: BH385534
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Sr. Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Boston, MA
Hours: Part-Time, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Thursday & Friday ideal)
Co. Size: 26,000+ employees
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Actual job duties may vary by department
– Perform administrative duties under minimal supervision at the highest proficiency level.
– Provides direct support to Division Chief and Administrator
– Work is highly complex, non-repetitive and often project oriented,
– Ability to problem solves and determine best course of action with little direction.
– Act as a lead, assign and prioritize workflow, troubleshoot issues, assist with training and orientation, and provide backup support for the Supervisor.
– May direct workflow and lead others. Mentor other staff.
– Work on projects, coordinate work, take initiative using all available resources, follow through on issues when needed, apply knowledge as appropriate with little direction from Supervisor.
– Track expense budgets, perform basic bookkeeping tasks and create financial reports.
– Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
– Provide cross coverage as needed.
– Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
– Other duties, as assigned
The Patient Family Relations Department is responsible for managing all quality of care concerns with the aim of improving patient experience. This role will be pivotal in providing administrative support to ensure the efficient and effective day–to-day functioning of the team.
The incumbent will provide support to the newly initiated Bereavement program. The Bereavement program aims to improve patient experience, emotional support, and guidance for bereaved families by reducing the burden on frontline staff involved in caring for patients and families at the end of life. The role will be responsible for mailing a standardized condolence letter, recognizing the death of a patient, and offering support if needed, along with bereavement guide 4-6 weeks after patient’s death. The post-holder will also be responsible for coordinating support with the social work department for families that require additional support.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.