Controller – Boston
Job ID: BH385518
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations for the company, including the production of all financial reports, maintenance of adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budget designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller reports directly to the CEO and monitors corporate financial health so the company can successfully complete assigned construction projects.
- Prepare monthly financial statement with written analysis, budget to actual reports, trending reports and other analysis.
- Present monthly financial statements to management
- Supervise Accounting staff of (1) for Customer Invoicing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management and Month-end Close
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial analysis, general ledger reconciliations, and analytical reports
- Manage all aspects of Job Costing with Project Managers to ensure accurate job forecasts, backlog and revenue recognition entries
- Responsible for billable rate analysis and utilization calculation
- Keep track of monthly bookings and complete commission calculations
- Coordinate year-end audit with third party independent auditors
- Coordinate all state and federal tax filings with third party accounting firm
- Manage cash flow, oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash flow forecasting and revenue projections
- Analyze financial information and advice management on short-term and long-term financial objectives
- Hire, train and evaluate accounting staff ensuring they have the adequate tools and resources to function at a high level of excellence
- Assist the CEO on special projects and drive the implementation of process improvements
- Liaise with HR manager and third-party payroll provider to ensure proper processing of payroll and compliance on all necessary payroll matters
- Serve as the primary contact for all corporate insurance policies
- Ensure compliance on all necessary sales tax, use tax, certified payroll and necessary compliance matters
- Serve as the company point of contact and conduct training for the existing ERP system (Jonas) for accounting, job costing, project management and all customer invoicing
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in accounting. Supervisory or management role overseeing an accounting function or department a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience communicating to a variety of stake holders
- Strong understanding of GAAP principles, accounting concepts, legal requirements and best practices
- Strong analytical skills with ability to create, analyze and present data from a variety of sources
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite and ERP systems
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and perform on a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- CPA or CMA
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.