Administrative Assistant II
Job ID: BH385511
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Job Location: Boston, MA
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hrs/week. Flexible start time.
Co. Size: 26,000+ employees
- Associate’s degree or combination of healthcare and administrative experience
- Experience or direct knowledge of medical education/medical school programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
The Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology Clerkship Coordinator reports to the Academic Manager and works with the Clerkship Director to coordinate and implement the OB/Gyn Core Clerkship and other educational experiences for medical students. The primary responsibilities include complex scheduling and implementation of all aspects of the Clerkship. This role supports the medical student education initiatives within the OB/Gyn Education Office by providing administrative support for education related matters. The role requires advanced administrative skills, a high degree of organization, the ability to prioritize assignments, and the ability to utilize an enormous amount of judgment/discretion in dealing with confidential matters on behalf of the Education Office is dedicated to:
· Serving the needs of our local and global community
· Providing the highest quality health care to patients and their families
· Expanding the boundaries of medicine through research
· Educating the next generation of health care professional
Every employee plays an important role in providing a positive impact on the organization and the people we serve. Your work will be distinguished by demonstrating respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, families and colleagues, excellence in customer service and job performance. All employees are expected to embrace this commitment and demonstrate behavioral competencies in the following areas:
- People: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
- Self Management: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
- Organization: A commitment to quality, service, and exceptional performance
- Meeting these expectations is key to the success of your department and the organization.
This job description includes:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
· Perform administrative duties under minimal supervision at the highest proficiency level.
· Provides direct support to Clerkship Director, Academic Manager and to the clerkship program.
· Work is highly complex, non-repetitive and often project oriented.
· Ability to problem solve and determine best course of action with minimal direction.
· Act as a lead, assign and prioritize workflow, troubleshoot issues, assist with training and orientation, and provide backup support for the Supervisor.
· Work on projects, coordinate work, take initiative using all available resources, follow through on issues when needed, apply knowledge as appropriate with little direction from Supervisor.
· Track expense budgets, perform basic bookkeeping tasks and create financial reports.
· Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
· Provide cross coverage as needed.
· Assist with special projects as directed.
· Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
· Other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
Level of education required:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a commensurate level of experience in tasks specific to administration of medical education programs.
Work experience required:
· Experience in the medical education area, or direct knowledge and experience in or with medical school programs.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
Technical skills required:
· Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
· Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
· Highly proficient in all communication skills (phone, verbal and written). Ability to handle sensitive information and situations with poise and professionalism.
· Strong organizational, coordination and judgment skills.
· Ability to prioritize effectively.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, following established protocols, and work within systems.
· Advanced computer skills
· Ability to use all applicable applications at highest competency level.
· Ability to problem solves and troubleshoots.
· Ability to analyze a situation and determine best course of action within established guidelines.
· Advanced understanding and use of medical terminology.
· Advanced comprehension of billing and fiscal information.
· Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.