Job ID: BH385472
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
Job Location: Boston, MA
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Co. Size: 26,000+ employees
Providing onsite and front desk support for the Endoscopy Center the Practice Assistant will;
- Perform administrative duties under minimal supervision at the highest proficiency level.
- Act as a lead, assign and prioritize workflow, troubleshoot issues, assist with training and orientation, and provide backup support for the Supervisor.
- Provide guidance and help to other to resolve complex issues and problems.
- Provide feedback to Supervisor and input into evaluating performance of staff. Assist with annual competency assessments.
- Assist Supervisor with interviewing for new staff.
- Assist with orientation and training for new and current staff.
- Act as a super user for scheduling, registration, and billing systems. Provide training and assistance to others in these areas.
- May perform more complex or specialized functions (i.e. surgical scheduling) at highest competency level.
- Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
- Provide cross coverage as needed.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
Level of education required:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Work experience required:
- Minimum three years medical office or administrative support experience required.
- Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred.
- Associate’s Degree or higher level education preferred, but not required.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
Technical skills required:
- Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
- Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
- Highly proficient in all communication skills (phone, verbal and written). Ability to handle sensitive information and situations with poise and professionalism.
- Organization Skills: Strong organizational, coordination and judgment skills. Ability to prioritize effectively. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, following established protocols, and work within systems.
- System Skills: Advanced computer skills. Ability to use all applicable applications at highest competency level.
- Ability to problem solves and troubleshoots. Ability to analyze a situation and determine best course of action within established guidelines.
- Understanding of the appropriate use and importance of related forms.
- Advanced understanding and use of medical terminology.
- Advanced comprehension of insurance types and referral process.
- Advanced comprehension of registration and fiscal information.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.