Job ID: BH350922
Category: HR Generalist, HR Administrator
Specialty: Human Resources
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or in related field. Must have strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent computer knowledge, including all Microsoft Office programs. Must have the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure. High energy, flexibility, amiable, sense of humor, and be able to work as part of a team. Possession of a valid Driver’s license, a good driving record and a willingness to use personal or agency vehicle in the course of employment. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) desired.
The Human Resources Generalist position is responsible for aligning company objectives with employees and management. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HR Generalist maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its plans, and its culture. The HR Generalist assists in the development, implementation, and constant evaluation of all Human Resources strategy and procedure.
- Conducts weekly meetings and/or correspondence with respective business units as needed.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate. These include areas such as payroll, benefits administration, and performance management and employee relations.
- Active partner in the staffing and sourcing process. Uses internal and external screening tools and assessments. Refers candidates to hiring managers.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages the onboarding and off boarding processes, including new hire orientation and new hire training programs, as well as COBRA and termination processes. Ensure all new hires are on boarded in accordance with company, state, and federal standards.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with external resources legal as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation. Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of all HR records and documentation.
- Maintain accurate and up to date files, records and documentation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Participates in the maintenance, evaluation and monitoring of training programs, including CPR/1st Aid, MAP, and Relias to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met. Offers insight into processes and possible improvements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.