HR Business Partner, VP
Job ID: BH350253
Category: Human Resources
Specialty: Human Resources
Job Title: VP, Human Resource Business Partner
Contract: Direct Hire
Job Location: New York
- 8+ years of HR generalist experience
- Comfortable having recruiting as a responsibility
- Comfortable having a wide range of responsibilities and helping out wherever needed
- Private equity firm or healthcare experience
- Experience building processes in a growing company
- Experience working at a smaller company where you ‘wear many hats’ and have diverse responsibilities
- Workday experience
The HRBP will be the main contact for everything HR related in this expanded Healthcare Services Investment Banking team and provide general HR related support to the NY Office. They will ensure our commitment to building a strong, inclusive culture and workforce through coaching, hiring, retention, and progression across all levels. The ideal candidate will have HR recruitment and generalist experience in a financial services organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- HR liaison to the Global Co-Head of Healthcare Investment Banking and the Managing Director and Business Manager, Healthcare Investment Banking.
- Full cycle recruiting for all open roles within the Healthcare Investment Banking team.
- Lead on the strategy and implementation of the college recruiting process for investment banking intern and entry-level full-time roles.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team to implement onboarding, change management, training, and talent strategies to create an inclusive workplace.
- Proactively engages employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Communicates openly and frequently, keeping staff informed on benefit resources, organizational events, and other pertinent information.
- Provides performance management guidance to leaders and supports them in carrying out their management responsibilities (coaching, mentoring professional development, and disciplinary actions).
- Designs and develops key staff management training and assists managers in creating mentoring, development, and training plans for staff.
- Supports Senior Management in the annual review, preparation, and administration of the Healthcare Investment Banking compensation program (salary and bonus).
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- 8+ years of HR generalist experience or some combination of specialized expertise and generalist experience, with extensive exposure to, employee recruitment.
- Deep understanding of current HR trends in compensation, benefits, and performance evaluation frameworks and fluency with primary HR functions (recruiting, employee relations, HR administration, and compliance).
- Must be a self-starter with strong attention to detail, excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively build partnerships and influence stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy, and strong work ethic. Proven track record of consistent follow-through and execution in a demanding, high growth environment
- Ability and desire to work on multiple projects at a time.
- Resourceful and able to find creative solutions, thinking beyond current systems and approaches toward continual improvement.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.