Job ID: BH350177
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports company mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor/Manager, approve or decline credit orders in accordance with established policies, practices and procedures in a manner that will result in maximum sales, sound receivables and prompt conversion of receivables into cash with a minimum of past due accounts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains Credit and Collections policies and procedures in accordance with company Compliance programs.
• Principle responsibility is to maintain all aspects of Credit and Collections for a designated portfolio of customer accounts.
• Performs general analysis of customer’s credit risk; identify accounts requiring further investigation; Prepares overview of customer’s credit worthiness and presents recommendations to Management for review.
• Applies the company credit policies, practice and procedures to the credit requirements of the customer accounts within specified dollar limits or normal credit lines.
• Meets or exceeds monthly cash forecasts and works to reduce Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) to meet business and departmental goals.
• Identifies, analyzes and researches systemic issues that cause aged receivables and make recommendations for resolution.
• Reconciles disputed accounts by researching account balances, correcting errors and following up with customers as needed.
• Exercises good judgment to improve sales potential of the company while minimizing bad-debt losses.
• Maintains an audit trail by gathering appropriate documentation throughout the Credit/Collections process.
• Enters account data in systems with integrity, including credit information, text details and conversation logs.
• Prepares and maintains monthly/quarterly reporting relating to Departmental goals.
• Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• 2+ years’ related experience.
• SAP Preferred
• Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
• Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask concurrent priorities in an organized manner.
• Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.