Job ID: BH349903
Category: Logistics, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Transportation Contractor
Contract Duration: Temp
Job Location: San Pedro, CA
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with the possibility of some Saturday’s as needed.
Co. Size: 270k Worldwide
- 1-year related experience
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Associate degree
Provides transportation clerical support for the Distribution Center. Serves as liaison between the Individual Stores, Store Operations, and Home Office Transportation Department in regards to inbound and outbound shipments. Audits yard for inbound and outbound shipments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates, completes and submits all daily reports, bills and paperwork required to be sent and/or updates transmitted to the Home Office Transportation department.
• Serves as liaison between DC management, Store Operations, and the Home Office Transportation Department on shipment issues.
• Coordinates the loading and delivery to stores and Cross-Dock destinations.
• Assists Receiving and Shipping clerical staff with the completion of daily responsibilities.
• Communicates with carriers on any problems or concerns directly related to the DC in the event the Home Office Transportation Department is unable to resolve the issues/concerns.
• Special projects as assigned or directed – physical yard audits
• At least (1) year of related experience
• Associate Degree preferred, not required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with all levels of Management.
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
• Very strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
• Must be comfortable with creating and maintaining spreadsheet formulas/data with Excel.
• Strong Customer Service Skills
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.