HR Director – Senior
Job ID: BH349407
Category: Director of Human Resources
Specialty: Human Resources
Client Job Title: Senior Director of HR
Job Location: Will be a hybrid schedule but need to be able to go into the office when needed.
Company Information, Industry, Size: Large International E Learning company
Team Size: 10+
Interview Process: Virtual but may have to go in to meet some of the executive team for last round
- 15 Years experience
The Senior Director of Human Resource is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, recruiting and hiring, employee policies, benefits and compensation. The Senior Director of Human resources provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs, policies and plans to the executive management team, employees and stakeholders across the company, shareholders, and the board of directors.
This position is directly responsible for leading the HR group of managers and partners in this corporate function and is directly supervising all employees within the HR department.
- Establish and implement HR programs and policies that effectively communicate and support the company's mission and strategic vision
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business objectives
- Drive rigorous analytics in compensation processes to accurately compare overall compensation to available market surveys and analyses
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive to market
- Implement detailed analytics relevant to all HR processes covering compensation, advancement, and retention metrics
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues
- Develop and implement effective HR and employment policies across the organization
- Effectively communicate with senior management and all employees on key HR directions, strategies, and implementations
- Drive alignment with global HR function on core people processes across all parts of the organization both in US and worldwide
- Work with the company's executive management team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital and people needs and support strategic goals of the organization
- Support and cultivate corporate values such as diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, leadership development, compensation and benefits globally
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience and at least five years of international HR experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Masters or law degree highly preferred
SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.