Senior Director, Tax Controllership
Job ID: BH349368
Category: Tax Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A hyper-growth, global, pre IPO SaaS company is adding a Senior Director/Tax Controllership position to their growing team.
Client Job Title: Senior Director, Tax Controllership
Job Location: Remote
Company Information: SAAS (Cybersecurity), VC Backed by well-known firms. Operations in 7 countries and 24 jurisdictions.
A fast-growing, pre IPO cybersecurity business in the Greater Boston area is seeking a Tax Controller with global experience to join their high growth organization. This is a newly created leadership position within their global tax team, will be based in the US and report directly to our Global Head of Tax. This position will be responsible for all tax accounting, reporting and compliance functions.
The Senior Tax Director will partner cross-functionally with a diverse mix of international business and finance colleagues to provide our Company with proactive and thoughtful insights relating to global tax controllership aspects of our SaaS-oriented cybersecurity platform business.
From a tax technical perspective, the Senior Tax Director will be our internal subject matter expert for the tax aspects of US GAAP reporting as well as US federal and state corporate income tax compliance. The Senior Tax Director will liaise with and manage tax outsource provider firms to evaluate, implement and then optimize our Company’s global approach to ASC 740 reporting, tax accounting and payment policies as well as related controls and processes.
Operating from a US location will enable the Senior Tax Director to effect real-time engagement directly with corporate business leaders as well as centralize ownership and coordination of the tax aspects of global US GAAP reporting (in coordination with finance peers) and managerial oversight for US tax outsource providers to yield timely, efficient, and compliant global ASC 740 reporting and US federal and state tax compliance processes for the company. The Senior Tax Director will also be empowered to drive tax process efficiencies and automations through use of “best in class” tax technology solutions.
Our global tax function is looking for tax professionals with foundational experiences and a demonstrated record of achievement in and across tax compliance, tax controllership and/or reporting as well as strategic and operational initiatives – who are interested to deploy their knowledge and expertise in a tremendously hands-on environment. We are partners to the business. We are committed to delivering business-actionable information and insights to enable well-informed decision-making by our leadership team. We are focused on proactively communicating tax complexity in a user-friendly manner for our non-tax colleagues. A successful candidate will operate with high integrity, in a thoughtful manner and with a solutions-oriented mindset.
Strategic thinker. Intellectually curious. Willing to ask questions and challenge past practice. Looking to identify and build toward best-in-class standards. Attention to detail. Goes above and beyond the literal job specifications and develops strategic options in anticipation of future developments. Ability to effectively communicate – orally and in writing – and engage with a diverse cross-border and cross-functionally audience. Commitment to developing and maintaining tax operating guidelines, reporting controls and contemporaneous documentation.
- 10-15 years of experience in tax, preferably with global tax firms and US-owned multinationals, with demonstrated expertise in US GAAP tax principles and reporting, SOX 404 controls and US federal and state corporate income tax compliance.
- Expertise in technical aspects of US federal corporate income tax compliance as well as US state and local income tax compliance, including US tax compliance after TCJA, controlled foreign corporations, net operating losses, cross-border intercompany flows, purchase accounting, foreign currency, nexus and apportionment methodologies.
- Knowledge of US sales tax, and familiarity with non-US direct and indirect taxes, as well as withholding taxes and tax aspects of business transactions & HR matters.
- Ability to leverage of technology, automation and process improvements to yield timely, efficient, and compliant global tax reporting and US federal and state tax compliance.
- Qualified tax professional and or accountancy qualification (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Catalyst for change and process improvement as well as ability to concurrently drive disparate workstreams productively forward to completion in a matrix organization
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.