Senior Director of Tax Planning
Job ID: BH349344
Category: Tax Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A booming, well-funded cybersecurity company is looking to add a new Senior Director of Tax Planning to their growing organization.
Job Title: Senior Director of Tax Planning
Job Location: Remote
Company Information: SAAS (Cybersecurity), privately held-VC Backed by well-known firms. Operations in 7 countries and 24 jurisdictions.
A growing international cybersecurity business is looking to hire an experienced and results- driven Senior Tax Director to add to their global tax team. This is a newly created leadership position within the team, will be based in the US, and report directly to the Global Head of Tax.
The Senior Tax Director will partner cross-functionally with a diverse mix of international business and finance colleagues to provide our Company with proactive and thoughtful insights relating to global tax planning and risk management aspects of our SaaS-oriented cybersecurity platform business.
From a tax technical perspective, the Senior Tax Director will be our internal subject matter expert for US strategic tax planning, including cross-border tax matters, and global tax risk. The Senior Tax Director will liaise with and manage tax outsource provider firms to evaluate, implement and then optimize and systematically operationalize our Company’s global approach to corporate taxes, including as relates to M&A, post-acquisition integrations, tax exams and global legislative tax developments.
Situated in a US location, the Senior Tax Director will be able to effect real-time engagement directly with our corporate business leaders on strategic matters, while also providing timely and thoughtful operational guidance and insights in support of a globally diverse cross-functional mix of colleagues – including, deal desk, financial reporting, legal, people management and treasury operations. The Senior Tax Director will also have responsibility to drive global tax process efficiencies and automations through use of “best in class” tax technology solutions to deliver favorable business outcomes.
Our global tax function is looking for tax professionals with foundational experiences and a demonstrated record of achievement in and across tax compliance, tax controllership and/or reporting as well as strategic and operational initiatives – who are interested to deploy their knowledge and expertise in a tremendously hands-on environment. We are partners to the business. We are committed to delivering business-actionable information and insights to enable well-informed decision-making by our leadership team. We are focused on proactively communicating tax complexity in a user-friendly manner for our non-tax colleagues. A successful candidate will operate with high integrity, in a thoughtful manner and with a solutions-oriented mindset.
Strategic thinker. Intellectually curious. Willing to ask questions and challenge past practice. Looking to identify and build toward best-in-class standards. Attention to detail. Goes above and beyond the literal job specifications and develops strategic options in anticipation of future developments. Ability to effectively communicate – orally and in writing – and engage with a diverse cross-border and cross-functionally audience. Commitment to developing and maintaining tax operating guidelines, reporting controls and contemporaneous documentation.
- 10-15 years of experience in tax, preferably with global tax firms and US-owned multinationals, with demonstrated expertise in US federal and state corporate income tax, including cross-border global taxation of business operations, liquidity and HR initiatives, as well as transfer pricing, tax treaties and withholding taxes.
- Knowledge of US GAAP tax principles; familiarity with local country statutory, tax reporting, and evolving tax legislative and exam environments.
- Ability to leverage of technology, automation, and process improvements to yield timely, efficient, and effective global tax planning strategies in support of digital economy businesses, while assessing tax legislative developments and tax exam defense.
- Qualified tax law professional and or tax accountancy qualification (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Catalyst for change and process improvement as well as ability to concurrently drive disparate workstreams productively forward to completion in a matrix organization
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.