Job ID: BH349131
Category: Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: Burlington, MA
Hours: 40 hours/week, overtime as needed
- 1+ years of public accounting experience
- Financial statement prep experience
- Tax prep experience
- Accounting or Finance degree
- UltraTax, QuickBooks, or Advance Flow
CPA firm that provides high caliber professional services in all areas of the public accounting field is hiring. Seeking an associate to join the growing firm.
This position provides assistance on a variety of client needs with emphasis on:
• Preparation of individual, corporate, partnership, not-for-profit, and trust tax returns.
• Ability to review general ledger and make adjustments and journal entries as required.
• Provide client support to individuals and closely held business clients.
• Assistance with client relationships including due date and workflow.
• Assistance with client year-round tax planning.
• Preparation of tax correspondence including response to IRS and state tax notices.
• Tax research.
Candidates will also have an opportunity to expand into financial reporting.
Preferred, Education, Experience and Skills
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
• Past tax preparation experience
• Familiarity with CS Professional Suite (UltraTax, CS, Planner, CS, Fixed Asset CS)
• Experience with QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online or similar accounting package
• Experience with trial balance software
• Ability to multi-task – especially during tax season
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.